Updated (June, 2013)
- Our only focus is, and always will be, the reader.
- We are not professional reviewers (whatever that means). We don’t get any type of compensation for our reviews, and we are in no way related to the publishing industry. We do this on our own free time and because we like it.
- Our reviews are always honest -- we say what we like, what we don’t, and why. We don't sugarcoat anything. But bear in mind that those reviews are, and always will be, opinions, and that means that what works for us may not work for others and vice versa.
- If you want us to review your book, please email us, we would be glad to do it as long as we have the time. Because of time, we only respond to those requests we accept. Acceptance does not guarantee a review.
- We review Romance and fiction with strong romantic elements. This includes: Contemporary Romance, Historical Romance, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy (with strong romantic elements and HEA's), M/M and GLBTQ Romance, Young Adult, Chick Lit, Women's Fiction, Steampunk, Sci-Fi and Fantasy. We do not review Inspirational Romance.
- We accept digital galleys/ARCs for review. Our preferred method of receiving e-galleys is through NetGalley, where we are a listed Review Organization Accepting NetGalley Titles. We receive the books through NetGalley in exchange of our honest opinion and we do not get any type of compensation for it.
- We accept print books and e-books, but we prefer e-books in any file that’s compatible, or can be converted, to a Kindle format. We do not accept audio books.
- We also post our reviews on Goodreads. We do not post reviews on Amazon or any other similar website.
- We do not post reviews before release day.
- We condemn piracy and we are very careful with the treatment we give to your e-book, ARC or printed copy. If you send us an ARC or a printed copy, we won’t sell it or give it away. If you send us an electronic copy of your book, we will delete it after reading and reviewing it.
- We try to limit the amount of promotional posts we do, and we don’t participate in promotional or marketing events such as cover reveals and most blog tours (especially those that require positive reviews). We do enjoy doing interviews and having guest authors, but again, we try to limit them to authors and books we’re familiar with or that fit our blog. If you have an interesting topic and wish to do a guest post, interview, or visit with us in any other capacity, please email us and we’ll talk some more. We do ask that the content you provide be original and exclusive to our blog.
- Commenting Policy: We encourage you to comment because we feel that it’s an integral part of blogging. We won't edit anything (we can't), and you can post anonymously if you prefer to do so. Your comments are your property and you might delete them if and when you want to. We welcome and encourage disagreement and discussions. Profanity is fine. Spam will be deleted.
- We are very careful with the images used on the blog, and do thorough search to make sure they are copyright-free. But if we are using an image that you own copyright on and would like removed, please ask.
- Feedback, ideas, book recommendations and guest reviews/posts are always welcome, so please email us.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- We are not compensated for any contest or giveaway done in the blog.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate. By entering any contest or giveaway you confirm that you are 18 years old or older, releasing Romance Around the Corner when you enter the contest or giveaway.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries due to possible scamming, multiple entries (when not permited) or ineligibility.
- We reserve the right to end, extent, or cancel a contest or giveaway without previous notice.
- Winners will be chosen using random.org or the Rafflecopter tool.
- Winners will be announced on the blog and through email.
- Winners will have 72hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.
- Books/Prices included in giveaways will be purchased by us unless otherwise stated.
- If the prices are provided by a sponsor, they will ship it to the winner.
- We are not responsible for items lost or damaged during shipping. No replacement will be offered.
- Prices will come from either us via online retailers like The Book Depository or Amazon.com, or from Authors and Publishers. If you win a bound book or any other physical price, your mailing address will be provided to the distributor of the price. Your personal information won't be shared with anyone else, and once the price ships we will erase your information.
Log Files: Like many other Web sites, Romance Around the Corner makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services's analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
DoubleClick DART Cookie:
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site's visitors based upon their visit to http://romance-around-the-corner.blogspot.com/ and other sites on the Internet.
Our Advertising Partners: Currently, Romance Around the Corner does not have advertising Partners.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Children's Information: We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Romance Around the Corner does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Romance Around the Corner has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
FTC disclosure: The books reviewed here were purchased by us. We do not get any monetary compensation by publishers or authors for doing a review. If the book was received for free from the author or publisher it will be noted on the review. The books we receive for free are in exchange of our honest review.
Amazon and The Book Depository Affiliate: We are members of the Amazon Associates program and The Book Depository affiliate scheme; this means that we get a small fee if the book is purchased through the purchase link supplied on our blog. You, of course, are in no way obliged to buy the book, or to buy it through our link, and we don’t expect to benefit from the program.
For more questions regarding our policies email Brie at email@example.com